Complete and Adaptable
Choose the option that suits you best: theft or theft and damage. Take advantage of our customer service and our covers to use your Furo in complete safety.
Simple and Practical
Add the option that suits you best when you order. Pay. Register your bike in your Furo portal once you receive it and enjoy your Furo without any worries.
Are you eligible for the insurance?
- We cover your bike all year round for up to maximum 5 years.
- An insurance policy intended for FuroSystems bikes only.
- The insurance is intended for people aged 18 and over who are officially resident in the United Kingdom.
- Your bike is intended for private or commercial use (e.g. as a courier, deliveries, etc.).
What is theft insurance?
- If your bike is stolen, we will reimburse you after deducting the excess.
- We will also reimburse you for damage if it is the result of an attempted theft.
What is material damage insurance?
- Your bike is covered against damage resulting from accidents, vandalism, flooding, fire and other external factors.
- We will reimburse you for the cost of repairs after application of the English excess.
How does it work?
- As soon as your bike is delivered, you will be able to activate your insurance via your My Account portal. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail with your policy schedule, general conditions and the cancellation form.
- In case of theft or total loss:
- Contact us here to report a claim.
- You will receive a compensation by bank transfer corresponding to the [value of your bike - excess].
- If your bike needs repair:
- Contact us here to report a claim.
- You will be compensated for the repairs. We will either send someone to carry out the repairs or you will have to go to a repair shop.
- If it is not possible to repair your bike, you will receive compensation for the amount of the repair by transfer - Excess by transfer to your bank account.
How much is your excess?
- In the event of theft and total loss:
- No excess is applied.
- In the event of repairable material damage:
- An excess of £35 per claim will be applied.
Under certain circumstances, you will not be covered by insurance. What are they (non-exhaustive list)?
- If the theft of the bike occurs when the bike is not locked by the frame or an app lock provided by the manufacturer.
- If the bike was in a place accessible to the public and was not secured to a fixed point by the frame with an agreed lock and not locked in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, such as a frame lock.
- If the bike was in a locked common room and was not secured to a fixed point by the frame with an agreed locked and not locked in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, such as a frame lock.
- The wheels, tyres or battery if they are stolen separately from the bike.
- If you cause damage to a third party while riding your bike, the insurance does not cover your liability.
- Purely aesthetic damage (e.g. scratches or dents).
- Damage resulting from a breach of trust or fraud.
Are there any other rules to follow?
- You will not be covered if you make technical modifications to the bike. However, you can add accessories such as a mudguard or child seat, but these will not be covered under this insurance unless they are originally delivered and fixed to the bike (for a maximum amount of £100).
Where am I covered?
- Theft and material damage cover is valid in the countries of the European Union, Great Britain, the Principalities of Andorra and Monaco, the Vatican, Iceland, Croatia, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino and Switzerland.
What are my obligations?
- In the event of theft, you must report it to the police or judicial authorities within 24 hours.
- You must submit a copy of the police report to us at the time of the loss.
- You must notify the claim as soon as possible after the incident and within 8 days of becoming aware of it.
- You must keep the original invoice for your bike.
- You must lock your bike in two ways
- With a frame lock
- You must attach your bike by the frame using an agreed lock, either ABUS BORDO (Security 10 or higher), ART (category 2 or higher), FUB (category 2 wheels or higher), or Sold Secure Silver (or Gold) to a fixed point (e.g. bike rack, post).
Can I cancel my contract?
- You can cancel the insurance contract within 14 calendar days of taking out the contract or receiving it.
- You can cancel your insurance if a renewal of your insurance is offered. You must notify Qover no later than 10 days before the start date of your new policy.
- You can also cancel the insurance contract after a claim. You have 15 (fifteen) days from the date of payment or refusal to pay compensation. The insurance contract will then expire 15 days after the date of notification.
When and how do I pay?
- You pay the premium annually.
- Your bike can be covered for a maximum of 5 consecutive years.
- Your contract has a duration of one year and a renewal may be offered by Qover every year.
- At the end of three years, we will not offer renewal. This way, you never pay too long and it suits your needs.
How do I report a claim?
- If you wish to report a claim, you can contact Qover via this online form.
- You can reach Qover from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4 pm on +44 800 048 8899. Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I pay for?
- 65% of the insurance premium goes straight back into the Furosystems community: fixing your damage and/or replacing it when stolen or non-repairable.
- 20% of the insurance premium goes to Furosystems for the distribution of your insurance contract and the research and development of your bike.
- And the other 15% keeps Qover's wheels spinning (portfolio management, marketing, operations, IT, actuary, etc..).
This page is a summary of the insurance policy, please refer to the terms and conditions for full details of your cover.
- This policy is administered by Qover SA. Qover is a Belgian untied insurance agent registered with the Financial Services and Markets Authority of Belgium under the code 0650.939.878 with registered address Rue du Commerce 31, 1000 Brussels. Deemed authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those for firms based in the UK. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.
- Theft and material damage coverage is taken out with Wakam. Wakam is a limited company registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register (Registre du Commerce et des Sociétés) under number 562 117 085 operating through its UK Branch whose principal place of business is 18th & 19th Floors, 100 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AG. Authorised and regulated by the Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website
- Bike insurance is a non-life insurance product (Branch 3).
- This contract is entered into for a period of one year. The contract may be renewed twice for two further periods of one year each.
- This insurance contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales.