Use your bike with confidence with our German theft and damage insurance packages.
For the insurance packages we offer in different countries and languages, choose from the following:
Complete and Adaptable
Choose the option that suits you best: assistance and theft or assistance, theft and damage. Take advantage of our customer service and our covers to use your Furo in complete safety.
Simple and Practical
Add the option that suits you best when you order. Pay. Register your bike in your Furo portal once you receive it and enjoy your Furo without any worries.
Are you eligible for the insurance?
- We cover your bike all year round for up to maximum 3 years.
- An insurance policy intended for FuroSystems bikes only.
- The insurance is intended for people aged 18 and over who are officially resident in Germany.
- Your bike is intended for private or commercial use (e.g. as a courier, deliveries, etc.).
What is theft insurance?
- If your bike is stolen, we will reimburse you.
- We will also reimburse you for damage if it is the result of an attempted theft.
What is material damage insurance?
- Your bike is covered against damage resulting from accidents, vandalism, flooding, fire and other external factors.
- We will reimburse you for the cost of repairs after application of the excess.
What is assistance insurance?If your bike is immobilized on a roadway accessible to our breakdown and towing service, we organize:
- Roadside assistance and towing
- Return and guidance of the children
- Flat tire assistance
- Assistance in the event of loss of keys to the padlock or a locked padlock
- Assistance to the insured during a transfer
How does it work?
- As soon as your bike is delivered, you will be able to activate your insurance via your My Account portal. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail with your policy schedule, general conditions and the cancellation form.
- In case of theft or total loss:
- Contact us here to report a claim.
- You will receive a compensation by bank transfer corresponding to the [value of your bike].
- If your bike needs repair:
- Contact us here to report a claim.
- You will be compensated for the repairs. We will either send someone to carry out the repairs or you will have to go to a repair shop if the damage is too extensive.
- If it is not possible to repair your bike, you will receive compensation for the amount of the repair by transfer to your bank account.
How much is your excess?
- In the event of theft and total loss:
- No excess is applied.
- In the event of repairable material damage:
- An excess of €35 per claim will be applied.
Under certain circumstances, you will not be covered by insurance. What are they (non-exhaustive list)?
- If the theft of the bike occurs when the bike is not locked by the frame or an app lock provided by the manufacturer.
- If the bike was in a place accessible to the public and was not secured to a fixed point by the frame with an agreed lock and not locked in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, such as a frame lock.
- If the bike was in a locked common room and was not secured to a fixed point by the frame with an agreed locked and not locked in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, such as a frame lock.
- The wheels, tyres or battery if they are stolen separately from the bike.
- If you cause damage to a third party while riding your bike, the insurance does not cover your liability.
- Purely aesthetic damage (e.g. scratches or dents).
- Damage resulting from a breach of trust or fraud.
Are there any other rules to follow?
- You will not be covered if you make technical modifications to the bike. However, you can add accessories such as a mudguard or child seat, but these will not be covered under this insurance unless they are originally delivered and for a maximum amount of 100 euros.
Where am I covered?
- Theft and material damage cover is valid in the countries of the European Union, in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, in the principalities of Andorra and Monaco, in the Vatican City, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino and Switzerland.
- The assistance guarantee is valid in Germany (and 20 kilometers outside the German borders). The coverage of this section applies when the bicycle is out of use on a road that is accessible to the public.
What are my obligations?
- In the event of theft, you must report it to the police or judicial authorities within 24 hours.
- You must submit a copy of the police report to us at the time of the loss.
- You must notify the claim as soon as possible after the incident and within 8 days of becoming aware of it.
- You must keep the original invoice for your bicycle.
- You must lock your bike in two ways
- With a frame lock
- You must lock your bike with an ABUS BORDO (Security 10 or higher), AXA Hiplok, Kryptonite, Linka (with chain), Master Lock, texlock, Trelock and it is a VdS approved lock of class A+ or B+, or FUB (category 2 wheels or higher) approved, or approved by Sold Secure Silver (or Gold) or by approved ART category 2 (or higher) AND used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. The bike must ALSO be locked to a fixed object (e.g. a post) at the time of the theft.
Can I cancel my contract?
- You can cancel the insurance contract within 14 calendar days of taking out the contract or receiving it.
- You can cancel your insurance at each annual expiry date. To do so, you must inform Qover at least 2 months before the expiry date.
- You can cancel the insurance if we change the price or the general conditions.
- You can also cancel the insurance contract after a claim. You have 1 (one) month from the date of payment or refusal to pay compensation. The insurance contract will then expire 1 month after the date of notification.
When and how do I pay?
- You pay the premium annually.
- Your bike can be covered for a maximum of 3 consecutive years.
- Your contract has a duration of one year and is tacitly renewed every year.
- At the end of three years, we will terminate the contract. This way, you never pay too long and it suits your needs.
How do I report a claim?
- If you wish to report a claim, you can contact Qover via this online form.
- You can reach Qover from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5 pm on + 49 800 000 97 29. Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page is a summary of the insurance policy, please refer to the terms and conditions for full details of your cover.
- This insurance policy is managed by Qover S.A., a non-tied insurance agent authorised and regulated by the Financial Services & Markets Authority (FSMA - Belgium - registration No. 0650.939.878). Registered office: Rue du Commerce 31, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Qover S.A is entitled to provide insurance distribution services in Germany on the basis of the freedom of services.
- Theft and material damage coverage is taken out with Nationale-Nederlanden Schadeverzekering Maatschappij N.V. under Dutch law, entitled to cover Belgian risks, insurance company registered in Belgium under code number 2925. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK 'S-Gravenhage, the Netherlands - Trade Register Number DNB 27023707, supervised by the Nederlandsche Bank. Nationale-Nederlanden Schadeverzekering Maatschappij NV is entitled to provide insurance distribution services in Germany on the basis of the freedom of services and is registered with the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht under number 9509 (BaFin, Graurheindorfer Straße 108, 53117 Bonn, www.bafin.de).
- Assistance coverage is taken out with Europ Assistance N. V, a limited liability company governed by the French Insurance Code, whose registered office is located at 1, promenade de la Bonnette, 92230 Gennevilliers, France, registered with the Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under number 451 366 405, acting through its Irish branch EUROP ASSISTANCE SA IRISH BRANCH, whose principal place of business is located on the 4th floor 4-8, Eden Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland, D01 N5W8 and registered with the Irish Companies Registration Office under number 907089. Europ Assistance S.A. is supervised by the Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution (ACPR) located at 4, Place de Budapest CS 92459, 75436Paris France. The Irish branch operates in accordance with the Code of Conduct for Insurance Undertakings (Code of Ethics for Insurance Companies) published by the Central Bank of Ireland and is registered in the Republic of Ireland under number 907089.
- Bike insurance is a non-life insurance product (Branch 3). Bike assistance is a non-life insurance product (Branch 18).
- This contract is entered into for a period of one year. It shall be tacitly renewed a maximum of two times for consecutive periods of one year.
- This insurance contract is subject to German law.